DATES and TIMES: Eight Mondays, 6:30-8:30pm, starting Sept. 18, 2017 through Nov. 6, 2017.
FEE: sliding scale from $250-350. Please pay at the higher amount if you can, to support those who may need assistance. If you need financial assistance, please inquire – no one will be turned away due to lack of funds. Payment can be made via PayPal below. Payment is required to secure and complete your registration and is due no later than Sept. 18, 2017.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Please read more detailed information about this course. You are expected to practice a daily recorded meditation (15-30 min. daily) along with weekly assigned daily life practices throughout the course. Each week’s recordings of the guided meditations and supplemental materials are provided online. It is highly recommended that you miss no more than one class as this is a sequential course that builds from each successive week.
CEs: 16 CEs are available. Please indicate if you wish to receive CEs on the registration form. You must attend ALL classes to receive the CEs. See information about CEs below.
REGISTRATION: Registration is NOW OPEN until the class is full – class size is limited. If a minimum class size is not reached, the class will be cancelled and you will be refunded the fee you paid in full.
Students must understand and agree to the waiver and cancellation/refund policy in order to register for and attend CCT courses.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
If you selected to pay online via PayPal use the Pay Now button below. NOTE: Clicking on Pay Now does not submit your registration form (you must click on Submit above to do so, then you will return to this page and you can proceed to pay via PayPal with the Pay Now button). No refunds will be made after the day of the first class. There is a $75 processing fee for any refund request less than 2 weeks prior to the first class.
When you click on the PayPal button below, you will be taken to the PayPal website to complete your payment.
When payment has been received, you will receive a receipt by email. Thank you!
If you chose to pay by check, please remit to:
P.O. Box 579564
Modesto, CA 95357
16 hours of CE Credit are available as follows:
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program.
- SCRC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
- SCRC maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about CE credits, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
Learning Objectives for the Course:
- Describe the four parts of compassion
- Learn to be aware of one’s experience when encountering suffering
- Apply learned compassion skills in everyday life
- Recognize and evoke the physical and psychological feelings of loving-kindness
- Differentiate between and recognize empathy, compassion, and empathy fatigue
- Describe the three parts of self-compassion and nderstand factors that lead to resistance to self-compassion
- Understand eudaemonic sources of happiness and their relationship to greater well-being
- Understand how common humanity allows us to connect to others with empathy and compassion
- Utilize cognitive reframing with oneself and others from a compassionate stance of “common humanity.”
- Learn how to prime the mind to deepen our own capacity to meet suffering and our willingness to act compassionately
- Recognize empathetic distress, helplessness, and burnout in oneself and others.